CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What a Deal!!






So, when Billy and Wes moved out on their own I gave them my big couch. I then found a recliner at a yard sale and so we only had two recliners in our den. A friend from my old job called and asked me if I knew anyone who wanted to buy some furniture. I got this sofa, love seat, two end tables and two lamps for $100. I think I got a great deal and they are in excellent shape. I put my Christmas pillows on them.
OK- Don't get grossed out but Austin had his expander put in a few weeks ago. I am just blown away by this as I have never seen such a thing. They are rapidly expanding his upper jaw. We have to 'crank' his mouth twice a day. It is already starting to separate his front teeth. They took the wire out of his top braces because that would kind of defeat the purpose. We are adjusting his jaw to hopefully prevent jaw surgery in the future.


This will be a long and painful process for him, but he is doing good so far!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great couch. Green is my favourite colour.

That expander is, um, very interesting (I can't quite think of the right adjective to use!)

Kate

Kimmie said...

Sondra!

Love your couch...God is so good. It looks so cozy and perfect. Don't get me started, I am a pillow addict! Love your sweet pillows! They look great with your new sofa!

My 13 year old has a palate expander too. We had to have the original taken out over the summer, as it had (if your a fainter turn away!) grown into the roof of her mouth (2 times)...we now have a smaller contraption and she can't wait to get it out of there!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Rose of Sharon said...

Wow! You did get a great deal! Your room looks so nice! God really blessed you!

Your son's mouth looks so painful! It is amazing what they can do. What a cute, loving, fun mom you are taking a picture of his mouth! You care about every little part of their life!

Have a great day! Sharon

Lori said...

Braces. (Sigh)
My husband and I both had braces. We both have small mouths. I know our kids will need to get them too.
Derek is 9yrs. old and getting closer to needing them.

Celestial Freak said...

I love the love seat. It matches my leather and pleather couch I got at Ikea. I would snap that offer up too if I got such an offer. I have a futon as well, but it's seen better days. It's lived in three states, moved 6 times and some of the replacement parts are starting to wear even. But I'm grateful for what I have.
BTW, I got your comments on my blog.
I wish I had more resources about auto-immune disorders, I don't really. You can check out my health blog too, but that's mostly PCOS stuff. For some reason my RA posts seem to find there way on my regular blog instead.
If it's any consolation, I know how frustrating it can be to learn that you're most likely going to live with some new ailment for the rest of your life. I can at least sympathize with that. If I do find any great resources they for sure will go on my health blog. So if you aren't already subscribe for that too.
Wow, your son really is brave to let you blog about his braces. I hope it isn't too painful a process for him. When I was a nanny the older boy I took care of had braces and any time he had to go in and get them adjusted he'd walk around sulking like a wounded puppy for the rest of the day. I always felt sorry for him. Especially 'cause that kid seemed to be able to handle anything else that came his way.
Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you... I was without internet for a few days, but I'm back on-line now.
Digital Hugs,
Crystal