CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 9, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

Hop over to Kelli's placehttp://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ to find out how you can participate in your own show and tell.

Today I am showing part of my old rug beater collection. I have a bunch that I have been collecting up and they hand on my big wall that leads to the upstairs.

This is a braided type and is very neat close up. This one below is my favorite. It also has braided wire. The handle is very short compared to the others. I would think that this one would be easier to use. You can tell this one has been used a lot as the handle is very wore. I paid a good bit for this one :)


This one above is very odd and different from most others, too. The one below is very common and I see a lot of them.

I am always on the look out for different and unique rug beaters.I wonder if these also doubled as paddles back then? Should would be easy to swat a bottom with them! LOL! Sorry I do not have time to show more. I am already late for work! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

So, so cool! What a great, unusual collection. The last one, my mother had one like it! [boy does that age me, or what?]

Great Show N Tell

Susan said...

What a wonderful and very unique collection. Glad we don't have to clean our carpets like that today :o)
Susan

Rose of Sharon said...

What a neat collection! I didn't know there were so many varieties of them! You have them displayed really cute in your hallway.

I hope you get good news about your health issues.

:0) Sharon

Kimmie said...

Sondra-

Neat, do you use them or are they just collectible for you?

Just want to tell you that you are still on my heart and in my prayers. The Holy Spirit has woken me up several times to pray for you...be blessed.

Hope you made it to work on time!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

ellen b. said...

what a unique fun collection. I've got some rugs that need some beating! Have a nice weekend...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/friday-show-tell-knotts-berry-farm/

MaR said...

That's truly a unique collection!
We have only one and it's for my husband to use, lol
My first Show and Tell is posted here, happy Friday!

Barbara H. said...

What a unique collection!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Amanda said...

I've never seen a rugbeater before!

Celestial Freak said...

Interesting collection!

Mommy said...

They probably did use them for paddles. ;) What a neat collection, thanks for sharing. :)

LadySnow said...

I am so glad we don't have to clean our rugs that way today. :D

Quinne said...

Hi Sondra :) What an interesting item to collect. Thanks for sharing with us today! Blessings, Q

Mary said...

These are very unique. Grandma used to have a rug beater. It looked very similar to the first one. Thanks for sharing.

Lana G! said...

Those are great! Love your collection.

Lana G!
http://airmiles.wordpress.com/2007/11/08/show-tell-friday-front-door/

Carole Burant said...

Such a fascinating collection...I don't think I've ever known anyone who collects rug beaters!! I hadn't even realized they came in so many shapes and sizes...fabulous! xo

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What a nice collection! I like the display too.

Katherine

Simply Stork said...

wow! those are soo cool...thanks for showin' and tellin'

~simply stork~