Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Tree Is Going Up

Saturday morning I got up and assembled my big tree. It took about two hours to put it together as I am very careful to bend each branch the correct way. Later on in the day I put all of the strings of lights on. That took another two hours. I make sure that each branch gets a strand of lights from the trunk to the tip and then back down the other side. I have had many people ask me how I get my tree and lights to look so perfect. I owe that to my old boss at an upscale Christmas store that I used to work at part time. If you are ever in the St. Nicks store you can still see some of the trees I have done. I tried to get some detailed pictures but they did not turn out well.
I have to wear long sleeves. Otherwise I would look like I have been in a cat fight.
Looks like there are a few holes where some lights need adjusted! :)
We also got Austin's Christmas tree up in his room. We worked some more on the yard decorations. While we were outside I decided that I wanted to get rid of my double outdoor water pond. It is so hard to keep up and I was ready for it to go. The boys removed all the rocks and I gave the ponds and pumps to someone from our local freecycle group.
Saturday was very busy for us. I woke up today not feeling very well. I will be going back to the doctor tomorrow. Friday I returned to the doctor who did my biopsy and things did not look well, so I am going back to another doctor. This is getting rather expensive! I hope for good news tomorrow.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!


Anonymous said...

Hi Sondra, I'll be praying for you with the doctor.

The tree looks lovely and sparkly.

nannykim said...

I would not have the patience to do all that to my tree!! Let us know how the doctor visit is amazing how quickly life can change, even the thought about something that serious can work such things in our hearts. Praying for you.

Sharon said...

Your tree looks really pretty! We always get a fresh tree. It sounds like you have been a busy little elf getting your place ready. I got my bookshelf in the kitchen done, I take all the books off and load it with all my antique santas and snowmen. I also got my antique bulbs up in the dining room. I am trying to do major cleaning like dusting, cleaning windows and getting rid of all the cobwebs as I go.

Thank you for your nice comments on my blog today. I ended up having a really good day.

I hope that you get good news at the doctor. I will be praying for you.

Your friend, Sharon

Kimmie said...

Hi Sondra;

I am still praying, sorry that you are having to see another doctor. You are not in this alone, don't be afraid.

Your tree is your middle name Patience?

I love much fun!

love you
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted