CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 16, 2007

SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY


For Kelli's http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ show and tell Friday, I am continuing with my theme from yesterday to remember my twin daughters. This past year on mothers day. my oldest son Billy surprised me with this special gift. It is a necklace of two girls that is engraved with the girls' names. As you can tell by the picture, I wear this all the time and it is already becoming worn. I cried when he gave this to me.
This is Ashley's tiny feetprint.

This is Kayla's tiny feetprint.I have created a nice scrapbook for all of thier tiny hats and shirts that they wore the day they were born. I also have a few photos of them along with pages from my journal that I kept at that time.

I want to thank everyone who stopped by yesterday for my birthday memory. I know it was difficult for some of you to comment and you did not know what to say. I am so sorry if I made anyone uncomfortable. I should have thought about that first. My point in doing the post was to let everyone know that I am proud of the fact that I have twin daughters and want the world to know that. That is one reason that I wear the necklace and my mothers ring that includes two November stones. I love for people to know that I am a mom of 6 kids. I am proud of that. :)

7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love the necklace design. That's darling. I'd be wearing it a lot too.

Susan said...

How very beautiful in the ways that count!!! Your memory and honoring them.
Susan

nannykim said...

Thanks for sharing this and the post below. I guess the thing that is so wonderful is to know that some day you will know them--that this life is just a speck in all of eternity. I love the fact of this Great Hope we all have---life without hope would be so desparately sad---I have come to appreciate the fact of Christ's resurrection more and more as time goes by, since it is the proof that there is life and a wonderous life after this time on earth. I think to, that you, and all of us who have experience the death of loved ones, can often think about our future hope and this gives us strength for our short time here! and also appreciation for the gifts God daily gives us.

Rose of Sharon said...

Hey sweetie, you did not make anyone feel uncomfortable. We are all Christian women who want to share in your grief and lift you up in prayer. It can't all be good all the time, this is life. You went through a very hard time and we want to support you! (I am speaking as if I the spokesperson for all bloggers, but I do feel like most of the women out there do feel this way!)

I like your sweet necklace, what a loving and thoughtful thing for Billy to do for you.

Hugs! Sharon

ellen b. said...

Blessings on you and may God continue to comfort you and give you His joy. Have a great thanksgiving...

Barbara H. said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. These are wonderful mementos of your little ones.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Celestial Freak said...

So sweet. I think it's wonderful that even after such a sad circumstance that you have such love, joy, and hope. It's truly God working in you through it.