CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 15, 2008

More Disappointments

I feel like things are just spinning out of control. I need to get a grip on this emotional rollercoaster. I headed to yet another doctor today- an internist. I have seen all other doctors and she is my last hope for an answer. I did not learn anything new today but I did pray that she would be a doctor who would listen and take time with me. That prayer was answered. She is confident that we can get to the bottom of this. I am now on some very serious medicine that does have side effects but what choice do I have now. The hives have taken over my face. I have never had them on my face and have always been able to hide them. I felt like a freak walking thru the office today. I look in the mirror and just do not see myself. I am desperate for answers. The stress of everything else is not helping matters. I have now learned that the boys' dad is also being charged in another county for breaking into cars and stealing possesions. 13 counts. I just don't understand why he does not realize how this affects his children. When his name is splattered on the news and his children step into school, people know. It is such an embarassment for them. I wish we could just run away and start over. I want to take them all and hold them so close. I want to protect them and yet they sometimes act like they don't need it. Like they are strong enough on their own. More than anything I need my health now. I need to be there for them. I need to hold this family together. I need healing. Physical and emotional. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I know there is an end in sight. Austin reminded me that something good always comes out of something bad. Smart kid! I will hold onto that.

11 comments:

jen said...

You and your family are deeply in my prayers. Hang in there !
Thank you for sharing the real life stuff with us all-it's hard for you I know but it is helpful to others as it puts things in perspective. Please take care and take it one day at a time.

Kathi said...

I'm praying for you. I just now found out you are having health issues, and I am so sorry for all you are going through. I will read through some of your posts to find out about your health. Hugs and prayers~~Kathi

Rose of Sharon said...

Oh Sondra, how much more can you possible go through! I am so, so sorry for all of this. I am really wondering if the hives are from stress. Do you think it is a coincidence that your face broke out the week after the "incident" with your ex??? I really hope and pray that your doctor can get to the bottom of this. You are such a neat lady and I really hope that things get better for you.

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You preserve my life; You stretch out Your hand against the anger of my foes, with Your right hand You save me. The LORD will fulfill for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever- so do not abandon the works of Your hands." Psalm 138:7,8

Bless you sweetie, Sharon

Rose of Sharon said...

Good morning, I left a little something for you on my blog!

Hugs, Sharon

Frogdancer said...

I, too, wondered about the hives and stress. Hang in there. The kids still need you even if they act as if they don't. You're their rock.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you too. I am so sorry that life is so tough for you at the moment.

hugs,

Kate

Diane Shiffer said...

I'm so sorry for all you are going through, hon ((hugs)) I can't imagine what you are feeling with your kids' dad, but I'll be praying, I promise!

As for the hives, I would LOVE to know what you find out! My 17yo daughter is going through the exact same thing... terribly hives and yes, they have (as you so aptly put it) taken over her face. Her beautiful clear skin is now all blotchy and rough... We still don't know what is causing it. Do you by any chance have joint pain? particularly in the hands??

j said...

Sondra Honey, I haven't checked in for a few days, and Oh NO! Things have gotten worse for you. I'm sorry honey. Why didn't I come by sooner? I will keep you in my prayers. I wish there was something that I could physically do for you...bake cookies, give you flowers, run errands for you. Just something to show you that I care. Please know that you are not alone - you are cared for and prayed for. Love you - Jennifer

Val said...

I am praying for your. I love your blog.

Tanya said...

Sondra, You are the strength of your family, but someone stronger is willing to take on your burdens. He is with you and He will never leave your nor forsake you. I am learning this. He wants our burdens, our loads, our stress. Give Him your hives and your stress. He will take it on and protect you. You are His daughter, His princess, He loves you and now He wants you to trust Him. I will pray for you and I know He will get you out of this. Trust Him Sondra, Let Him do it for you. God bless you and your family. Tanya

Celestial Freak said...

I feel soo sorry for you. I know how these things are. I'm continuing to pray for these issues and hope that your newest doctor can at least remain by your side enough to keep things in check, even if it doesn't get figured out right away.

It's a year and a half since I found out I have an auto-immune disorder and I still haven't gotten a diagnosis myself beyond that. I'm at the point of looking for new doctors too, someone to give me a different set of eyes looking at my medical records.

I'm sorry you're dealing with so much stress piled up on top of each other. I hope Sandy and the boys are making you feel special, you are special.

Take care my friend,
Crystal