CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Day Ahead

It is early morning here. I awoke around 3:30 unable to sleep. My mind is spinning with thoughts. My heart is aching. We have had a difficult situation here but I will talk more about that in a later post. Don't worry-the boys are all fine and so am I. I must however get up and face the day. Aaron has a basketball game at 9 this morning. When we are done there I will be heading of to help my niece, Bridgettes do some more work on the house. I have been meaning to post about it but have been so busy. As some of you know, Bridgette got engaged at Christmas. They found this cute little house to rent in a real small town. However, the house needs a lot of work. Lucky for them the lady they are renting from has told them that any work they do she will deduct that amount from their rent. So we have been busy trying to get the place in order. Today we are going to grout the ceramic floor in the kitchen and lay the tile in the bathroom. I have been showing Bridgette how to do all this and she is learning quickly. I had to laugh last night when my sister called and said that Bridgette was on her hands and knees gluing the tile down. That is so out of character for her! :) We did try to show her how to paint but that is obviously just not her thing. Last weekend her and I were so dirty and covered in tile glue and we had to go to the store for a drink. We were laughing so hard and thankful that we were in a new town where no one knew us! I kept saying that I wish I had the camera so I could put this on my blog(obsessed- aren't we bloggers). I had such a good time hanging out and laughing all weekend with her. I have not really had much time like that with her. It has been so much fun. I will take the camera today and get some pictures to show everyone what we have been up to! Well, it is time to start the day! Have a great weekend all!

3 comments:

j said...

Oh yes, quite an obsession we have going here! So sweet of you to help your niece. I envy your abilities. I'll offer up a prayer for your unmentioned situation. You sound so somber, I worry for you. Be back soon - Jennifer

Lori said...

What a great thing for all of you to help her out with her new home.

I hope that you get better sleep. I will say a prayer for you.

I know just what you mean about lacking sleep. I have been lacking sleep lately too. I wake up at 3 and 4 or 5 AM and can't fall back to sleep as there is so much on my mind with my job starting up in a week.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time together. I wish I knew how to do all those things!

PS I found out what was causing errors on my blog so you should be able to read it without trouble now.

Kate