CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CHRISTMAS EVE

Come on in. The cider is warm and the scents are unbelievable.

There are cookies and hot chocolate. Or maybe you would like some tea.We spent Christmas eve with Melissa and Tyler. Melissa is my exhusband's sister. Her and I have remained friends over the years. Tyler is her daughter. She is the sweetest girl you will ever meet. Tonight we are having........... FONDUE! I dug out my old retro recipie card boxes. Do you remember these? They had a whole section on fondue.How nice and neat all the recipies are in these. I wish all mine were so neatly organized. I have an old picnic basket full of recipies I have torn out of magazines and stuff. What a mess. I have several fondue pots and Austin has been bugging about have it one night, so I figured why not Christmas eve. Do you see my Hershey kiss shaped fondue pot? Yep, that is chocolate in there. So what do you dip in chocolate?How about strawberries, pretzels, or some pound cake. Better yet a marshmallow dipped and then rolled in graham cracker crumbs.
And what would you dip in melted swiss and cheddar cheese? How about some grilled hotdogs, toast, brocolli or deep fried mashed potatoes? MMMM.... Those were a big hit.


Every one was hanging around having fun dipping.

It was so good. Wes tried the brocolli and chocolate together. He called it chocolli! Not very good he said.
We had such a wonderful time together. Here I am with Tyler in front of my tree. The pictures are all so dark because I had all the candles and oil lamps lit. Have to have some ambience right? LOL!
OH, and my sweet best friend came by to show me her big fat baby belly! We do not get to see each other often, so it was really good to see her. She was supposed to bring ultrasound pictures but forgot them. UGH....I was so mad. She seems to be pregnant all over and not just in her belly. We all think it is going to be a girl! I hope!


Sweet dreams ya'll.......MERRY CHRISTMAS

8 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

That looks like so much fun! I love the look of the latern on the table...gonna have to copy that one! We did a fondu party for Hayden's birthday two years ago and it was so fun, but a lot of work and it was hard because our's are electric and we had to be near an outlet, how did you deal with that? I love your Hershey kiss shaped pot, that's awesome.

We had such a fun night last night with my extended family here. I am killing time this morning because the kids said they wanted to sleep in......boy have times changed!

Merry Christmas!

Sharon

Celestial Freak said...

Wonderful photos!
Merry Christmas my friend!
Love,
Crystal

j said...

Sondra what lovely photos!! Fondue - awesome!! Merry Christmas Sondra!

Carla said...

Fondue-what a cool idea! Everything looks great! Congrats on the friends baby, and fun time with all!

Carla said...

Also meant to say, a friend of mine piles her recipes like you, then, puts in an old sappy movie, and sits and sorts and files away. Its her 'special' time. She says everyone leaves her alone because they've seen the old sappy movie:)

nannykim said...

Sounds so yummy!!! The marshmellow in grams and chocolate was a cool idea too.

Brittany said...

Looks like you had a great time!

I absolutely LOVE fondue! You have it set up so great! It's fun how you can dip so many different things!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Brittany

Lori said...

Your fondue pot dipping all kinds of goodies...looks super fun.
My kids keep saying they want a fondue pot. I think I just may have to get one. (maybe next Christmas).