CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

SATURDAY

We got up this morning and decided to have a yard sale. The boys had so much junk! It did not go as well as usual but they did make about $40.00.We donated the remains to Safe Harbor.This is a small local thrift shop that works with abused women. Wes and Austin got up early to help. Billy and Wes cut the grass. They had to use the push mower because the riding one is having issues. Austin took it upon himself to clear out some weeds and rake some leaves that were interfering with his basketball court.


Austin found these strange berries growing out back. I have never seen these before. Does anyone know what they are?

Later I got a big surprise and my friend Sherry stopped by with this tiny baby for me to hold. She knows how crazy I am about baby girls! The baby weighed 3 lbs at birth and is now a little over 5 lbs. She is 3 months old!That is hard to believe. I just fell to pieces when I got to hold this tiny one. Unfortunately she has been born into a very bad situation and my friend Sherry keeps her most of the time. Sherry has raised this child's brother since birth. He is now 7. The mother is a family member of Sherry's, but she is never around to be part of their lives. It is so sad knowing that this tiny sweet baby will never know the love of a real family.


I hope you all are enjoying your Saturday!

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Oh what a precious baby. I pray that she will know she is loved and that she is NEVER abused by anyone. She is just darling. I'm glad you got to hold her. Some day she will read this post and find out how thrilled you were to hold her. Just knowing things like that, sometimes can build worth in a child's mind. She is worthy of being loved.

Kathi

Rose of Sharon said...

Oh, that baby girl is so beautiful! I would love to hold her. I am so thankful that your friend is there and ready to take up the role of caring for her. What a wonderful woman to do that! You have some neat boys there helping you out with the yard work! I bet you are having fun with all of them home again!

Blessings! Sharon

j said...

You know Sondra, there are somethings that I just don't understand. But I am glad that even though she doesn't want to raise her children, that she allowed them to be brought into the world. I will give the birth mother credit for that.

Be blessed.

Jennifer