Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Whew!!! It's been a long day. We started out very early this morning. I had to take Wes to his first day at his new job at 6:30 and then we headed to the surgery center. Here is Austin and his dad looking for Hidden Pictures in the Highlights magazine.
Here he is waiting to get his IV tube. He asked me before we got there if they were going to give him a feeding tube. I was like- huh? Then I realized he meant IV. Silly boy!
He was scheduled to go in at 9 am but did not get to go until 10:30. He was so hungry and thirsty.
The ear surgery took all of 10 minutes and the removal of the "growth" in his throat took about 5, so it was over very quickly. However, it took him a long time to wake up. He was very nauseated and his throat was hurting very bad. He came home and sleep for several more hours. Here he actually got up to go to the bathroom but still looks very sleeping. He hasn't spoken a word all day and is in great pain. My poor sweet little guy :(
Psalms 103:2-3 Bless the lord,O my soul and forget not all his benefits:Who forgiveth all thine iniquities: who healeth all thy diseases
Jeremiah 30: 17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds saith the Lord.
Mom came over to keep an eye on him while I picked the other boys up. While he was sleeping she helped me to organize all of my earrings. Years ago before Sandy and I were married he gave me this pretty velvet heart box with candy in it. I have kept it all these years and decided to try to put it to good use.
I had these little plastic cups left over from when I used to do caterings. We had the idea to use them inside the box but they were too tall. Mom sat down and cut them all shorter.
Here she is working hard at it. Those little scissors hurt her fingers and I told her to quit, but she is one determined woman! Trust me- she is!
Look how nice the cups fit in the box and the earrings are nestled inside.
I put all of my antique and special pins on this mirrored tray. Some of these pins were mom's when she was younger and some where mine when I was little. (like the orange Avon cat). The old Charlie Brown pin is my favorite. So jewelry is all organized. Yeah!
Wes really enjoyed his first day at work. He said he stayed busy all day and time flew. Can you tell by the picture below where he might work...........hmmm..........

Cotton factory! They told him if he wore warm fuzzy clothes that the cotton will stick all over him. It was in his hair and eyebrows too. He said that they sample the cotton and then sort it. The good cotton gets sent to the name brand factories and the not so good cotton goes to low end factories. I guess that is why the name brand T shirts feel and wear so much better than the cheaper ones. I learned something new today! Poor guy- look how dirty his hands got today.
I Thessalonians 4:11 And that you study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you.


Sharon said...

Praise the Lord for the successful surgery and recovery. I love your idea on the velvet box for earings! I have that same box,hmmmmm maybe I'll try it! I'm glad that Wes's first day went well too!

Hugs, Sharon

Carla said...

What beautiful verses! Praying for your son's quick recovery!